Google Adsense Ads

Nuffnang Ads

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Astoria Plaza's Cafe Astoria


One of the main dining restaurant in Astoria Plaza is the Cafe Astoria.  Located just at the lobby, it is readily accessible to diners willing to try their food spread.

Cafe Astoria


CAFE ASTORIA'S DRESS CODE

BUSINESS ATTIRE & SMART CASUAL
CLOTHES ARE APPROPRIATE
OUTFITS WHEN DINING AT
CAFE ASTORIA

SHORTS UNDERSHIRTS
TANK TOPS (SANDOS)
PAJAMAS & BEDROOM SLIPPERS
ARE NOT ALLOWED
INSIDE THE CAFE

MANAGEMENT RESERVE THE
RIGHT TO REFUSE ENTRY TO THOSE
WHO ARE NOT IN COMPLIANCE

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR
COOPERATION



Cafe Astoria a cozy nook of a restaurant and bar.  With an intimate space for intimate people.  The food it serves, in my view, leans more on the Filipino cuisine buffet. 

Cafe Astoria Buffet


As a diner, if you compare Cafe Astoria's buffet to other five (5) star hotel's buffet; I would describe it as a mini buffet.  It serves six to seven (6 - 7) main dishes at the most aside from their soup, salads and desserts.  Though I do like Filipino cuisine on occasions but my palate leans more on a different angle, maybe that's why I didn't enjoy the food so much.


Cafe Astoria buffet's array of food

Below are the dishes offered on the buffet during our stay.  Food varies every time so it might not be the same if ever some of you might plan to dine here.

Yang Chow Fried Rice

Chami Lomi

Ginataang Langka (Braised Jackfruit in Coconut Milk)

Sinugbang Tiyan ng Tuna (Grilled Tuna Belly)

Deep Fried Shandong Chicken

Stir-fried Beef Short Plate with Broccoli

Left: Seaweed salad ; Right: Young Corn and Shrimp Salad

Wasn't really able to take photos of the dessert section.  But I did took some photos of what we ate.

Made my own salad from the variety of vegetables

If I remembered it correctly,  I drizzle my collection of vegetables with vinaigrette dressing and spread it with parmesan cheese.  Usually I'm really not a very picky eater and I always, always see the best in every food.  Thus, I'm having a hard time giving my opinion about this since I had a fun stay at this hotel.  But nevertheless I need to be truthful, the vinaigrette doesn't really taste the usual vinaigrette I had.  It lacks the mild acidity I usually look for in a vinaigrette, I had much better.

Hot and sour soup, and ice tea
The hot and sour soup lack flavor and taste, and the soup itself was too thick for me to enjoy.  Ice tea is not included in the buffet, you have to pay for the drink of your choice.

Counter clockwise from top: Lechon (Roast Pork), Seaweed Salad, Chami Lomi and Atchara (pickled salad)

I think the lechon was alright, nothing really special that made me remember it with a "wow".  If you might wonder, I wasn't able to take a photo of the "lechon" section.  The seaweed salad, usually this is my favorite when I was young, I love the popping feeling and taste of this seaweed even with just a dash of vinegar.  This one,  I'm not up to it.  The Chami Lomi, was so so and the atchara was ok.


I guess I wasn't really able to enjoy the food as much as I should.  Maybe my taste is a bit off, I really don't know.  But if it might not be at par with my palate, it might be with yours.  Maybe some of you might tell me otherwise so I might not feel so awful.


I hope if any of you decide to stay and dine here, I do hope you have a much fruitful and yummy experience with the food as compared to me.






Astoria Plaza:
Address:  15 J. Escriva Drive, Ortigas Business District Pasig City, Philippines
Tel:  +63 (2) 687-1111
Fax:  +63 (2) 910-0370
Email:  sales@astoriaplaza.com
Website:  www.astoriaplaza.com





Check out my other posts:






No comments:

Post a Comment