Google Adsense Ads

Nuffnang Ads

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Coin Collections

During my high school years, I used to collect lots of stuffs including stamps and currencies.  I'm not an expert collector,  I collect for fun and for the satisfaction I get from them.  So I really don't know the value or how to carefully select a collection each time I came across one.  I understand there are some rules in collecting  like for example in a stamp, you have to look for the perfection of a stamp perforations and all to really be able to preserve the value of that particular piece.  Well, I was young then.  What do I know about these things anyway. =)

So somehow, I recently came across my coin collection.  Maybe some of you can suggest or tell me something about it.  Don't know if it really has a value but these pieces have particulars memories attached to it.


One Peso Filipinas Coins  (1907, 1909)

These two (2) pieces, One Peso Filipinas coins which has the year 1907 and 1909 under the United States of America; was given to me by a great uncle if my memory serves me right, because he was impressed by my vivaciousness when I was young.  These coins were kept by my mom and was turned over to me just recently.  Truthfully,  I could not remember what I did then but just the history of why this coin was given to me sends warmth in my heart that I will always hold these dear to me.  Not to mention that these coins are way older than me.

Anybody can tell me what particular time these coins are?  My only guess is that these Philippine coins are under the American Regime.  But that's about it.  Maybe some of you can enlighten me some more.
One Peso Filipinas coins (year 1907 & 1909) - front of coin
One Peso Filipinas coins (year 1907 & 1909) under the United States of America - back of coin


United States of America One Dollar Liberty Coin  (1776-1976)

This particular piece of United States of America One Dollar Liberty coin, was given to me by an uncle who was very close and dear to me.  I remember him giving this to me, him knowing that I collect coins.  He told me to keep this because this has great value already.  And it's already rare at that time.  Up to now I don't really know the extend of the rarity of this piece nor its value.  But the memory itself is very valuable to me.

What do you think about this particular piece?
United States of America One Dollar Liberty Coin (1776-1976) - front of coin
United States of America One Dollar Liberty Coin (1776-1976) - back of coin


1975 Five Peso Commemorative Philippine Coin

These two (2) pieces, 1975 five peso commemorative Philippine coins with the President Ferdinand E. Marcos engrave on it are precious to me because I acquired this commemorative coins when I was already working.  

This might not be of great value but to me it still has a special place in my heart.  Can anybody tell me more of the value of this coins?

1975 Five Peso Commemorative Philippine Coin with President Ferdinand Marcos engraving - front of coin
1975 Five Peso Commemorative Philippine Coin with President Ferdinand Marcos engraving - back of coin

Somehow reminishing old times and how I spend those extra time sends smiles through my lips.  I was a very content teenager with all my collections.  Well, I should be!  I had great memories of them. =)




No comments:

Post a Comment