There are two (2) extraordinary themed hotels that Disneyland offers. Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel and
Disney's Hollywood Hotel. Where Hong Kong Disneyland offers charming elegance and Victorian hospitality; Disney's Hollywood Hotel is right out of the silver screen city itself with lots and lots of hidden Mickeys.
We experienced the glamour of
Almost right out of Hollywood,
Disney's Hollywood Hotel is complete with its own Sunset Boulevard, Hollywood sign and grand piano shaped pool where one should be on a lookout for Goofy who drops by the hotel pool for his summer morning laps or just a refreshing dip.
|Along the walkway, signature benches with hidden Mickeys!|
Even just stepping down the front of the hotel main entrance, a feeling of nostalgia greeted each one of us. Hollywood hotel greeted us with its sliding doors, where bell service and baggage assistance personnel assisted us with big smiles. After making arrangements with our baggages, we were greeted by the second sliding door where it opened to the splendour of the hotel's lobby.
|Upon entering the lobby, this lovely ceiling light greeted us!|
|Checking-in at "The Front Desk"|
|"Bell Services" beside "The Front Desk"|
The lobby is a sight to behold. It feeds our senses with kaleidoscope of colors and a sense of enchantment of what's to enfold. Signature statues and signs of Mickey and hidden Mickeys everywhere made it all the more fascinating to see.
|The first souvenir after checking-in|
|Wall lamp with the hidden mickey signature|
|Bronze Minnie Statue|
|Hidden Mickey floor mat|
|Hidden Mickey windows along the hallway|
|See below for part of the picture of newsletter|
- Chef Mickey - A Hollywood salute to the world's most famous mouse, this casual international buffet restaurant features a series of show kitchens where
Disneychefs can be seen working their culinary magic. Chef Mickey features Cantonese courses, specialties from Asia and the U.S., a European bakery and pizzas fresh from the wood fired oven.
- Studio Lounge - Located just off the main lobby, the art deco theme of the Hotel continues with the colourful, high backed chairs and soft sofas complementing the streamlined wall panels. It offers a full bar service offering specialty cocktails and mocktails. It is a place to relax and enjoy the view over the lawn through the floor-to-ceiling windows.
- Hollywood and Dine - A quick-service restaurant featuring open display cases where guests are able to choose from a selection of sandwiches, fresh fruit and salads. Congee, dim sum and noodles are also available as well as a selection of European-style pastries.
|Hollywood and Dine Restaurant|
- Sunset Terrace - An outdoor dining; a 100-seat restaurant located by the swimming pool. It is a place to watch the sunset every evening. The Sunset Terrace offers al fresco dining with authentic Asian and Western cuisine, created in their own BBQ kitchen. It offers dinner, seasonally.
- Piano Pool Bar - Located adjacent to the swimming pool. The bowl shaped bar offers a selection of cooling tropical drinks and snacks to complement a fun day outdoors.
- Celebrity Gifts - Shopping! Featuring every knick-knacks from
Disneygifts, apparel, collectible trading pins to sundries. It is located at the main lobby across from the Studio Lounge.
|Part of Hollywood Express Newsletter Vol. 5|
Check out my other posts:
- Experience Hong Kong All Over Again (2011)
- Most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Chef Mickey Restaurant
- Guests Room Accommodation
- Guests Room's Bathroom
- Disneyland Hotel's "Enchanted Garden Restaurant"
- Disneyland Hotel - The Hotel of Magic and Fantasy
- Disneyland Hotel's Gift Shop, Salon and Bathroom
- Disneyland Hotel's Garden
- Disneyland Amusement Park
- Disneyland Amusement Park Experience
- Disneyland's Fantasyland - Royal Banquet Hall
- Ocean Park Hong Kong
- Ocean Park Hong Kong - Ocean Theatre's Dolphin Show
- Ocean Park Hong Kong - The Grand Aquarium
Hong Kong Related link: